How common is cancer among women? On what percentage of women does it occur?
There are approximately 1 in 4 people who will die from cancer in the world, surpassing only heart disease. The number of people who die from cancer is over one in four. The most common type of cancer among women is breast cancer, a form of cancer that is more prevalent than skin cancer. Despite the fact that discussing cancer can be scary, equipping yourself with knowledge is empowering.
By knowing the most common types of cancer in women, how to detect cancer at an early stage, and the lifestyle choices you can make in order to lower your risk of developing cancer, you can focus on living a healthy life…
Here, we discuss crucial issues every woman needs to know to make sure that she is protected from the most common female cancers that can affect her.
What are the most common cancers in women?
The most common types of cancer among women are
- Breast Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer &
- Uterine Cancer.
Detecting cancers at an early stage is more likely to have a positive outcome when they are successfully treated.
Common risk factors for different types of cancers include the following, all of which can increase your risk of developing them:
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Being overweight or obese is one of the most common health issues
- Sedentary lifestyles are not healthy
- Not becoming pregnant
- Has not breastfed for at least six months
- The use of birth control, especially oral contraceptives
- Therapy using hormones after menopause in order to maintain a woman’s health
- Determination of the presence of HIV or AIDS
- Long-term use of birth control pills for a period of more than five years
- Having at least three children or more during your lifetime
- Having multiple sex partners
What is breast cancer?
It occurs in the breast cells and can spread to the lymph nodes under the arms. Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women other than skin cancer and occurs in the cells of the breast.
What are the common breast cancer symptoms and signs that can indicate the presence of the disease?
- You have a lump on your breast
- Nipple changes
- You have dimpling in your breast (such as something you would see on an orange peel)
- Breast swells and looks bloated
- An underarm lump can be felt when you press on it
- Nipple discharge – particularly concerning is when the discharge is spontaneous or bloody. There are many factors that can cause nipple discharge, among them hormones, pregnancy and lactation.
- The feeling of pain in the breast or in the nipple
- Retraction of the breast from the nipple (inwards into the breast)
- A red, itchy, scaly, or thick patch of skin on your breast can be indicative of these conditions
Where should I seek cancer diagnosis and treatment?
Blossoms mother and child hospital is an expert center to seek cancer diagnosis and cancer treatment. We specialize in breast and gynecologic cancers as we have top gynecologists & obstetricians. You can book an appointment with us @ www.blossomscare.in or call us at 0866-6690999 for an expert advice.